After signing into user account, receive error "Procedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located"
I am getting the following message error
The prodedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located in the dynamic link library.
This message appears on a blank black screen after I sign in with my password.
I cannot get past the black screen to a restore point.
This message appeared the first time I restarted after installing the NeatScan to Office software.
Windows 7 Prof.
Keys to the Problem After signing into user account, receive error "Procedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located"
I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.
if issue does not persists in safe mode, I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check for the faulty program.
To do so follow the below link:
Note: make sure after troubleshooting place the computer into normal startup by following the step 7 from the above link.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After signing into user account, receive error "Procedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located":
How to Fix After signing into user account, receive error "Procedural entry point DwmHintDxUpdate could not be located" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - After recent updates, log in is black screen on windows 8??,How to Fix Problem - After installing SP2 my wireless internet does not function.?,After replacing the favorites file with another the \"Favorites Bar\" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?,After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor [Solved],How to Fix Problem - After latest update; Internet connection fails?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator