Monday, April 18, 2016

Tech Support: After receiving an email MSWord attachment and working on it, it is now missing. Is it recoverable?

After receiving an email MSWord attachment and working on it, it is now missing. Is it recoverable?

I have MS Office 10 and Windows 7 64 bit.
I received an email with a MS word 97-2003 attachment which needed additional work.

Today I opened Word to finish some work on the file before returning it.
It is not shown in any of the obvious places in Word although 3 other similar documents are there.
I have followed through the standard MS procedure for finding missing Word files but without
any success.
I am having to contemplate whether (very stupidly), I clicked this particular file, Enabled Editing and continued to make substantial changes while clicking on the save button but without saving it specifically to my PC with the Save As command.
The file
name shown at the top of the page would have been identical either way.
To see what would happen, I replicated the problem today by clicking on the attachment, Enabled Editing, and then clicked the save button.
I then clicked on File
and then Info.
It showed me the full path as follows:
C:\Users\ivor\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3RYXXZZV\File Name.doc
My heart sunk when I saw Temporary Internet Files but checked my PC anyway and spotted a .DB file of the right size and with the correct time and date in a Caches sub-directory
C:\Users\ivor\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches
I have been unable to open the .DB file as yet and it may turn out to be something else.
 
Could one of the experts tell me if I am wasting my time and that the file has disappeared forever
Thanks

Solutions to the Problem After receiving an email MSWord attachment and working on it, it is now missing. Is it recoverable?

Download Error Fixer (Free)

You should always open the attachment, edit, then use 'Save As' to a library location, then add that attachment back in to any reply.
Instruction for
retrieving from the secure temp folder;

Palcouk
Thank you very much for your reply.
I agree with you completely.
There were 4 attachments and 3 were correctly saved using the Save As command.
I did say that the missing 4th attachment was probably a stupid error on my part - there is no other explanation.
I should have said that I was using Windows Live Mail as my email program not Outlook.
My apologies.

To check for Windows updates

  1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
  2. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  3. If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After receiving an email MSWord attachment and working on it, it is now missing. Is it recoverable?:

How to Fix After receiving an email MSWord attachment and working on it, it is now missing. Is it recoverable? with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Resolve - After recovering my system from a hard drive crash, my Windows 7 will not install any updates or service packs.?,[Solution] After upgrading to Windows 8.1, when I try to extend my display to a second monitor I get the error \"This PC cannot extend to a second screen, please resinstall the drivers or use a different VID\".,Age of Mythology: Gold Edition online problem. Ubisoft exclusive version. [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:After updating to Internet explorer 8, my messenger has not worked properly. Error,Tech Support: After installing Windows automatic Updates, laptop shuts down unexpectedly,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment