After update to Windows 8, unable to use Citrix XenApp
I upgraded to Windows 8 last night, and now kind of wish I hadn't....
We use the computer for work into major companies, and my wife uses Citrix Xen App, I don't know exactly how it works, but when she goes to a Citrix url, it allows her to use a VPN fob to enter their corporate network, which in turn displays a virtual desktop
(not like mine, which is a Nortel VPN)
It's always a pain to get it working when we're on new machines, but we managed it with Windows 7, and it's been working well.
Since the install, when you go to Internet Explorer, then click on the url, it presents a black screen.
Citrix is not really compatable with Firefox, but when you try on there, it asks for Java to be installed - which I did, and this didn't help the explorer side of things.
I notice that the 8 installation comes with IE 10 - Maybe that's the problem, but not sure how I back out of that to 9, as all the instructions on the internet are if you upgraded to IE 10, which I didn't, so it's not on the recent update part of uninstall
I'm a bit disappointed, as when I ran a compatibility report, it said that the Citrix app would work fine, with no changes needed...
Solutions to the Problem After update to Windows 8, unable to use Citrix XenApp
Check if there are memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After update to Windows 8, unable to use Citrix XenApp:
How to Fix After update to Windows 8, unable to use Citrix XenApp with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshooting:After windows updates are installed on Dell Latitude E6410, the machine goes into recovery mode. Please help as I cannot use recovery CD as we have an SOE. Thank you Gents,Troubleshooting:After Windows reset nothing seems to work Error,Troubleshooting:After upgrade to Win 7 from Win Vista... my monitor keeps blacking on and off.,All applications (.exe files) unable to start correctly, (Application Error 0xc0000005) [Anwsered],Solution to Error: After installing Windows 8.1 Update 1(KB2919355), explorer keeps crashing,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?