Canadian Version of ie8 popped up, can't get rid of it even going to MSN International - United States English will not come up. Any suggestions on getting back to US version? As usual MS is no help whatsoever.
My version of MSN changed into a Canadian version, for which I have no use whatsoever.
Traditionally you could go to MSN International and go back to the US version.
The weenies at Redmund have made that option unusable.
Anwsers to the Problem Canadian Version of ie8 popped up, can't get rid of it even going to MSN International - United States English will not come up. Any suggestions on getting back to US version? As usual MS is no help whatsoever.
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.
I would like to gather a little more information to help resolve this issue.
· Is it the issue with Internet explorer or the MSN browser?
· How long are you facing this issue?
· Was there any changes done prior to the issue?
If it is the issue with Internet Explorer, I suggest resetting it.
If the issue still continues, you may have to contact the Internet Service provider to change the settings from their end.
Also try a system restore:
To restore the operating system to an earlier point in time, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2. In the System Restore dialog box, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
3. In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created before you began to experience the issue, and then click Next.
4. Click Finish.
5. The computer restarts, and the system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in at the time that the restore point was created.
Check the link “What is system Restore” http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/9f6d755a-74bb-4a7d-a625-d762dd8e79e51033.mspx
If you tried using System Restore to fix a problem but the problem remained or other problems were introduced, you can undo the restore operation.
After you undo System Restore, you can try using a different restore point.
1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Click Undo System Restore, and then click Next.
3. Review your choices, and then click Finish.
Your computer will restart.
When finished, you'll see a confirmation that the undo process is completed.
Note: If you use System Restore when the computer is in safe mode, you cannot undo the restore operation.
However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point if one
Check the link “Undo System Restore” http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/fd0b642e-193c-4a23-9045-9faac6eb5b8b1033.mspx
To reset the Internet explorer setting, click the
Fix it button on the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
“How to Reset Internet
Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
All the best!
Thanks and Regards:
Diana D D - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
and let us know what you think.
Make Sure that your Computer Meets the System Requirements
Microsoft Windows Requirements :
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
This error can be due to some configuration requirements for you system. If your computer hardware is not up to par, then make sure you upgrade where necessary before continuing.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Canadian Version of ie8 popped up, can't get rid of it even going to MSN International - United States English will not come up. Any suggestions on getting back to US version? As usual MS is no help whatsoever.:
How to Fix Canadian Version of ie8 popped up, can't get rid of it even going to MSN International - United States English will not come up. Any suggestions on getting back to US version? As usual MS is no help whatsoever. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: Best Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607 Speech System v.1.00.2520 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S9511D Face Recognition v.3.1.17 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5106BN Media Controller Plug-in v.188.8.131.52 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite L845-SP4281RM PC Health Monitor v.184.108.40.206 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite Pro U500-EZ1321 Web Camera Application v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.18.104.22.16886,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.22.214.171.1240,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.126.96.36.1999,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.188.8.131.525,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Cannot download windows update to vista without internet explorer shutting down Tech Support,Cannot open a URL link from Outlook 2010 email message unless IE 9 is already open. [Anwsered],[Solved] Cannot display website\/ DNS\/UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WEBSITE,How to Fix Error - cannot open email tif attachment?,Tech Support: Cannot open hotmail attachments,Can't download PP templates automatically to Windows 7 w/IE 8,Can't change drive letter - Vista,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?