80070490 Error installing Windows Update on Windows 7 x64, SP1
My system's SSD suddenly died, so after restoring from an image taking a few months ago, I'm re-downloading lots of Windows Updates (50+ so far)
All have downloaded and installed fine except one: Security Update for Windows 7 xor x64-based Systems (KB2799494).
Eight times now, it has failed with error 80070490.
I have tried the following to no avail:
- Microsoft's Fix It Tool;
- the System Update Readiness Tool (Checkur.exe);
- booting from my installation DVD then choosing Repair (failed because it wanted to be started from within Windows);
- repairing via my installation DVD from within Windows (failed because an update was preventing it from running);
- running sfc / scannow (no errors found).
Apart from this one update, the system is behaving fine!
Can anyone please suggest what I should be doing next? With 2-3 levels of firewall proteciton between my computers and the internet, I'm not really concerned about hacking so don't care about this particular update - but the update seems to be half
installed (ie the SHUTDOWN icon displays also the a exclamation mark / alert.
Thanks in advance.
Anwsers to the Problem 80070490 Error installing Windows Update on Windows 7 x64, SP1
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab".
- Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions".
- Click "Apply".
- Reboot your computer.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 80070490 Error installing Windows Update on Windows 7 x64, SP1:
How to Fix 80070490 Error installing Windows Update on Windows 7 x64, SP1 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: A problem when any one enter the digital voice chat which there is no solution so far in the Middle East Tech Support,Troubleshooting:acer takes forever to load videos Error,Solution to Error: a web site builder I purchased will open on other laptops but just not mine?,Fast Solution to Problem: a window pops up when starting the computer that says windows explorer has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution to the problem,Troubleshoot:A problem with a data consistency check in an Excel spreadsheet Error,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up