Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical?
In one table on which I am working I am trying to create a lookup for a particular field.
This lookup is to have 2 mutually exclusive text options (let us say apples or oranges for example).
These 2 text values do not exist on other tables.
I have set the field up through the lookup wizard and it looks OK apart from one thing.
When I inspect the table to make sure that I have set things up correctly the lookup in the field is there with the apples and oranges that I set up in the lookup wizard and this is what I expected.
However these 2 text values, instead of appearing in a vertical list appear in a horizontal one.
This looks wrong to me.
Can somebody please point me in the direction of what I have done wrong?
TIA for any replies.
Solutions to the Problem Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical?
It sounds as if you are missing the delimiter (normally a semi-colon) between the two values.
Open the table in design view
Click on field
Click on the Lookup Tab
If the row source is Apples Oranges change it to Apples;Oranges
Make sure Column Count is set to 1
Row Source Type should be Value List
John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical?
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical?:
How to Fix Access 2007 - Horizontal Drop Down Should Be Vertical? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: a bar next to the os that has a mustard color to it. [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: A Font bug in Celtx software,Accessing Microsoft Office 2010 before the 60 day free trial is up Tech Support,access is denied --but this is my computer! [Anwsered],Solution to Error: 8Gig RAM installed, but only 3.99Gig "available",Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up