After idling for a few hours, out of resources
How can I locate the problem? I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7. I installed very few programs so far (Office, Virus protection, Tivo Desktop, Magic Jack, Yahoo messenger) and each time I come back to the computer it is out of resources and requires
a restart before I can use it again.
I did not have this problem with XP before the upgrade.
Solutions to the Problem After idling for a few hours, out of resources
AVG 8.x and 9.x have been causing strange issues so that could be at least part of your issue.
Also you are runing IOBIT360 as well, you should not have 2 antivirus programs on the computer
at the same time much less running.
Unless you use Adobe Acrobat reader A LOT I would remove all of those from the StartUP - it will
will still run but startup a tad slower - hardly noticeable.
For the drivers you will need to check those at the major device maker's sites manually to see if
there are newer versions.
Rob - Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After idling for a few hours, out of resources:
How to Fix After idling for a few hours, out of resources with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: adding a month to a date using a formula,[Solution] Adobe acrobat 7.0 professional - internal error 2350__Adobe acrobat 7.0 professional - error 1335,Tech Support: After copying and pasting in Windows 7, the word \"copy\" remains on the screen,Adobe Reader XI downloaded but wont open.,How to Fix Problem - After e-mailing document to myself, I finally opened it up in Word 2007 and it's an old version of the document. How can I recover the latest version??,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded