A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
I have run through all the automated "fix" options I found searching google, even hacked the registry start from 4 to 1 for both the cdfs.sys and udfs.sys drivers. I have used cCleaner to clean the registry. I have deinstalled all the cd/dvd burning
software I have...
I have even put in a brand new SATA DVD burner and removed my PATA ones.
Keys to the Problem A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
Try following the steps for Windows Vista, which should also work for Windows 7, in the following MS KB article:
These steps, to remove the UpperFilters and LowerFilters values, if they exist, at the named registry key may help.
Create a System Restore Point beforehand and restart the computer afterward.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32):
How to Fix A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshoot:9 updates will not install code 646 unknown Error,Fast Solution to Problem: Active X : I recently downloaded the Netflix program. #1. Does anyone know if this is a safe program? and #2 How do I enable Active X control in order to watch the movies on my computer?,ACER UPDATER FILE MISSING. Tech Support,A Major Problem with Indexing a Word 2010 document,How Can You Fix - Active inventory from QB to our website?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up